We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

December 28, 2009 Learning From My Mistakes

This is not sleeping..... I know you think that I'm sleeping, but let me assure again, 'THIS IS NOT SLEEPING", I'm just resting me eyes.
Last night didn't go very well. I tried everything imaginable, and finally, after feeling the effects of total exhaustion, jetlag, and delirium, I succumbed to the forbidden. I couldn't take it anymore, and melted, yup, this ole' heart of mine broke into teeny weeny pieces. All I could think about was stopping those tears and more importantly, closing my eyes.

It had felt like eons since I had my own much needed shut eye, and here was this little frightened soul, whaling away, not understanding the effects of jet lag, moving half way around the World, and strange people speaking a strange language.

Oh well.... I scooped her up and placed her wet face snuggled into my chest, and I don't know who fell asleep first, me or her. Somewhere around 5 a.m., I placed her gingerly back in her crib, and crept off to sleep in mine................ only to wake to screams once again. I looked at the clock, thinking hours had passed and damn, it was just 45 minutes....... enough of this..... I couldn't spell my own name at this point, and just wanted sleep. I could undo, any damages, TOMORROW !!!!! So, off we went again, and this time we woke up to smiles at about 9:30 a.m., but we did sleep....... We got up for some breakfast, a diaper change, and yup, we went back to bed, and the two of us did this, on and off all day........

We had a timely dinner for a change, and Miss Fuss Budget..... had a much needed, long overdue bath, which she truly seemed to enjoy, unlike our other attempts in the past. When it came time for bed this Evening, we had an instant replay of last..... only difference, I'm not so tired, and can make a more educated, sound decision...... and so it began again. The standoff of screams..... I checked on her in person, every twenty minutes of so, and never took my eyes off the mobile monitor. After about 20 minutes when I went back in, I could tell there was a need for a diaper change....... so, that done, Baylon went back to pickup where she left off.

This went on for about an hour. Again, my heart breaking, I went back in and offered her a drink of water.... she screamed bloody murder for a moment, and then I just layed her down, and offered her the bottle.... I think she passed out before that first sip, mades its windy path down her throat. She's asleep as I type.

I really want to add photos, but the computer is acting up..... our new Mac, is slower than my oldest Dell at the moment, and as Dave is finally dozing, and I can't do much more than type and load photos.... this will have to wait till tomorrow. Hopefully I will be able to post something.

No comments: