We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

12/26/09 Baylon's First Night Alone

It's been an incredible adventure, and an exhausting one.

Since Baylon has been placed in our loving arms, we've been on the go. All throughout China, we've been rushing around. Once home, again, rush, rush, rush, and it's only been a day.

This is the first time I've put Baylon to bed in her own room. The last two nights, first night only being a few hours, we've had her upstairs in her pack n play, as the crib level for the mattress was too high, and we were frightened she'd topple over the side. Well, Dave fixed this today, and this is now the first time she's been away from us.

In the Hotel, we're all together, and the last two nights, I stayed with her, in our living room. I wanted to switch it up a bit, and not have her sleeping in our bedroom. So worried that she'd get used to that.

Well, it's been a solid 15 minutes of her crying....... and scariest thing, well not really, is that I'm watching her on a monitor, and she just got up and literally turned on her mobile above her head. I don't know what to do...... whe's crying away, and I'm not going to last much loger. She's standing up at theedge of the crib, leaning on the side, and screaming. She starts, and stops..... I'm going to end up going in there, as I don't want a traumatized baby...... okay, it's fifteen minutes. I thought that I'd give it a half hour...... I don't think that's happening.

Okay, 20 minutes.... off to rescue my little injured soul !

Now she's making a different type of noise, and maybe I should just ride this out a bit further.
Not sure what to do............ oh boy, I should have read up more on Motherhood for Adoptive Childrenl

1 comment:

Waiting For Ling-Ling said...

This is the toughest time of transition..I remember when my daughter and son went through this time-it was sooo hard! Hang in there-this too shall pass. No baby book really helped in calming a mom's "injured soul" better while listening to her baby cry. What worked for me (and it may not work again with LIly) was to sit next to her crib while she fell asleep. Little by little I shortened the time that I was in the room until she felt secure that she had not been "abandoned" (Wow that word has new meaning for us now doesn't it?) Same technique worked for my son-It takes much longer than letting them cry it out until they get used to it, but it is so much easier on the soul! As I look at my children now (both college age) I realize how quickly the time that they were babies went by - those sleep issues just don't seem so important to me now.

I hope you have a smoother putting to bed time tonight! I'll be thinking about you and Baylon!

Lourdes