We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

December 15th, She's Officially OURS !!!!!





Today was a very busy day for all of us. We had to leave very early in the morning to go back to the Civil Affairs Building to sign documents, pay some donation fees, and we also left a gift. We were asked several questions, and as our answers were the appropriate ones, we were granted our daughter, no ifs, ands, or buts..... okay, so that sentence has reduced me to tears, for sleeping next to me is the most beautiful angel, I've ever imagined. (ALSO, on a side note, our room number is 1111, and if you study numbers, that, I hear is the sign of the Angels..... something like that). When we get home, my study of numerology, officially begins.

After the Civil Affairs Office, we had to go to the Registration Office, and get some docs notarized. We then headed back to the Hotel, for some lunch, and a much needed nap. We awoke at 3PM to get some laundry ready to be cleaned, and off to the play room. When Baylon was handed over to us yesterday, the Nanny's spoke in rapid Chinese.... back and forth they talked for a brief moment, and the translation..... Baylon is VERY SHY ! Well, she certainly is. It seems that this family is a magnet for initial introverts, where Dave and I work hard and convert them, sorry, inside joke.

Anyway, the photos above were of our girl, placed in a walker, which she wasn't too happy about. Baylon wants to be with Mommy, and took a little while to get used to sitting there away from me.

On the upside..... well, it's all completely been UP ! And, there I go again with the tears. This is the trip of a lifetime. Quite exhausting, and not much time for anything but paperwork and adjusting to the needs of a little one, chattering away in a foreign language..... gee, imagine how she feels, sheeeesh ! We've purchased several dvd's of cartoons in Chinese, AND a few cd's of Chinese Lullaby's. Baylon, likes to dance and sing, and yes, she has a "drop dead GORGEOUS, smile".

The weather in Nanchang.... prounanced "Nanchung", has been for the most part rainy, damp, and not so nice. There are palm trees that we've seen in the "August 1st, Park", apparently, August 1st is a tremendous day here, and it involves the Revolution..... I believe. Will research that one, among other details, when we get home and I can process and fine tune the events of this trip. BUT, my point, even though there are palm trees in some locations, and it's a bit warmer, the 40's feels like the 30's. The baby's have to be completely bundled or the "clothing police", that's the local people, will have an uprising. They will surround the baby, and make a fuss. Needless to say, our guides, who have been wonderful and very entertaining I might add, make sure that no skin is showing, other than their face, and hands. I for one, have been reprimanded, as Baylon's pants, kept creeping up when I'd hold her, and Dave and I began to work in tandem, to cover every inch of our little girl..... we even had a blanket over her winter coat, and we started using it as a shield against the visual of her ankles.

Bottom line..... I sit here now, typing to you, uhh, again through tears. Baylon is fast asleep, having fussed, okay, cried as she woke with a wet diaper. So after her costume change..... she settled down quickly. She's a doll, she's so loveable, and loves to share. One block for me, and one for you..... then I want that one, but no worries, you can have this one, and so on and so forth.

The baby's are starting to show signs of a cold. Baylon has eight teeth, and it amazes me that she is cutting some more......

So that's it for now, and the other side of the World. Again, I should be sleeping, but there's been no time to write other than now. Dave has been working on the computer, and has made the most UNBELIEVABLE video of our Gotcha Day..... he did such an incredible job, that while the baby's were in the play room, we showed the other families, who were all reduced to tears, and are lining up for their copy.
So, we hope that Dave can get it uploaded, but we are going through major channels to deliver this blog to you, and the movie isn't uploading as smoothly, so hopefully Dave will work that out, as it's amazing.

Tomorrow, we go to a Museum, and a much needed trip back to Walmart. I need more clothes for Baylon, (well everyone needs more), we can't seem to keep up between diaper changes. We were told not to bring to much, as in not knowing the sizes.... well it would be a waste.

Oh, I want to mention one other thing. When we were at the Civil Affairs office, the Director of the Poyang Social Welfare Institute, (SWI) was there to help in the finalization of our adoption. She also told us some things about the orphanage, the children there, and then went on to answer any questions about our children.
She took pictures with us, and the baby's....... in our official documents of us as Baylon's parents.... they took a picture of the three of us, and it is the most adorable photo, that is now forever in her papers.... which is actually in a book.

Well, better get some rest........ I was always on the slow side getting ready, needing a little more organization in my life. Well that has sure compounded a bit, but as I don't want to pass this trait onto my little girl.... I'm working on it. You should see me..... too much fun, that's what I'm having. I am so BLESSED !

No comments: