We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

12/14/09 THE STORK HAS LANDED

They brought the babies into the room.... they were all dressed alike. I've not seen this before, but I've heard how this particular orphanage takes pride and cares for it's orphans. Dave spotted Baylon immediately, as did the others in the group... I quickly ran over and started shooting pictures. The Nanny smiled at me, she knew me, as I've sent pictures of Dave and myself along with all of our family members. In case you don't recognize her, she's the beauty on the left.
We were all gawking at the baby's as they lined them up, but then they took them out of the room. Upon their return, they started calling out names of parents, and handing the little ones over....... We had all agreed that we would run video cameras and hand them off to one another, but, we were called towards the end, and everyone was way busy... in fact we handed off the camera, and then MC, (that's her name), she ended up being called next. Oh well..... Baylon was handed over to us, and they told us that she is very shy........ we think she's smart...... but she has taken to us, me faster...... but now she's smiling at Dave. They don't interact with as many men as they do with women, so she took to me quicker.
She is smaller than I thought she'd be. She's fitting into 12 month clothes, and as we thought she was a bruiser, and somewhat of a Buddha baby, we brought more 18 months size, and they are absolutely falling off.......... she eats like a piglet though, and talks up a storm. We just don't understand her as it's in Chinese..... though Dave did pick up on her asking to pee..... she is somewhat potty trained, and they do start this around 3 months of age. If I had the coordination, I can dangle her over the toilet and whistle, and supposedly she'd pee. She's yet to mess up her diaper..... and it's been hours. I tried to let her go potty on the toilet, but I just don't have the coordination, and she started to cry, so that was the end of that.
She seems extraordinarily smart.... how's that for a new mother. Hope I'm spelling things correctly, but can't seem to think straight. She will be 14 months old on the 18th...... She is sleeping now, and I'm totally in bliss.

No comments: