We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

12/14/09 Can't Sleep


Okay, so it's about 3 A.M. here in Nanchang..... I should be sleeping but can NOT...... thank you everyone for writing me and giving us kudos on the blog.... now there are so many, we can't keep up with the emails..... keep 'um coming.

I should be sleeping, it looks as though Dave is, I just can't, gee, wonder why..... I seem to have a friggin' cold. I told Dave, he may have 2 baby's to take care of now...... of course, with all of the meds I brought, not one thing for daytime sniffles. We were instructed to bring various medicines for the baby to treat a variety of possible afflictions....... but I've been popping Benedryl like crazy which makes me so drowsy. At the moment it wore off, which is why I'm up, so just took another, which I hope will wear off by 7 in the morning. Our guide is going to get me something that should help..... we shall see. Normally, I wouldn't take anything.... would rather the cold run it's course, and not fond of meds, BUT, these days people aren't looking too kindly on someone that seems to have a germ or too..... a bunch of people are wearing masks in public. This is just probably the worst time to get sick.

So, I thought I would share a previous photo in Beijing, when I couldn't sleep and was on the computer...... our room in Nanchang is much nicer, but, I must look very similar right now, and still can't wipe the smile off of my face in spite of my cold...... hopefully I won't scare the baby !

No comments: