We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

December 12th 2009 Ni Hao

O.M.G. leave it to my dear, DEAR HUSBAND Dave.............., but here we are, ABLE to blog from China...... details later.

But, how cool is this........... we had an extremely long flight, and would I ever so much as suggest to fly Continental..... me thinkst NOT !! I had no idea that you could fit that many seats into a jumbo jetliner. It was a 777-200 and if I tell you that I had to shimmy myself to stand up, that's putting it midly, and I'm petite!! 13+ hours in the middle seat with Dave seated in front of me, uh huh, I know....... BUT, we were so fortunate to actually have seats, as some people didn't make it onto the flight. Even one couple from our group was asked to "stand by". Then they started offering incentives for people to give up their seats and fly tomorrow. If we weren't on a mission - I think we might have talked about those incentives..... $500.00 cash back on each flight..... hotel accomodations for the night, and meals for the time span inbetween.... they may have been upping that ant-ie (?) spelling, but we were too busy worrying about whether this other couple was going to make it on. I was planning my own little revolt, but thank goodness it didn't come to pass. More problems, but won't even go there for now.... way too happy, and did I mention, WE'RE IN CHINA !!!!!!

So, here's to a glorious day. It's 7:20 in the morning here, Saturday, and Dave's showering. I'm all spruced up to0 go have breakfast and then work it off hiking the Great Wall.

Ni Hao

No comments: