We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

Before we left Jiangxi Province, and said goodbye to Nanchang, and Baylon's roots, I savored the moment, and tried to catch a glimpse of what life's really like, day to day. Again, my camera was directed out of the window of the Jin Feng Hotel, pointed at the building across the street. This day was the sunniest since our time began here. Most of the days were rainy and damp. I watched this family on and off for days, tending to everyday chores, and the chicken coop. On this side of the building were the live chickens. On the other side of the building hung some slaughtered chickens, hanging, positioned too drain the blood.
I zoomed in, (the same photo), just to try to really see some facial expressions. I feel like a real peeping Tom, but I can't help myself. I keep trying to see in some of the windows of this building as well. Most of the time I see people doing laundry or dishes.
These are the windows that I peeped into......... in each section there are people, lots of people doing daily chores.

Looking out at the horizon, just beyond the initial buildings was this beautiful skyline.

No comments: