We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

12/30/09 Pirate's 2nd Birthday, and Daddy's B'day EVE


Mom, my clips dangling in my face....... can ya give a hand over here please..... oh, and bring my comb and gear bag.... we've some work to do if I'm to look gooooooood for my Birthday Party......Ohhhhh.......... could this be for me.....???????????????????? Ooooh, LA LA....... let's see one, two candles for my age, and one for good luck......... WOW, THAT'S A LOT OF CANDLES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Oh Daddy, who does Chelsea's hair ???? I think it's LOVELY !
Mom, I've told you three times, you have to cut the price tag off of Pirate's present !
Daddy, she just doesn't listen does she.... oh Pirate RELAX, I just said your new toy..... uh, GLISTENS........, yeah, GLISTENS !
Where's the cake??????????
Pirate, I'm the new "numero uno", glad to meet ya ! NOW GIVE ME THAT TOY, come on hand it over..... that's right, right over here and PRONTO !
Tee, hee, hee.....
I've' got them eaten outta my hands.......I know you love me........ say it again...... tell me I'm pretty again......

Me, me, me, me............. Happy Birthday to Pirate....... Happy Birthday to Pirate, Happy Birthday to Pirate, Happy Birthday to you..........

Are ya one, are ya two...... oh, yeah, Daddy's Birthday is tomorrow.......... okay, where's Pirate...
PIRATE..... I'm supposed to kiss you !!!!!!!
Let's do it again.......


Oh, I love it here................. what's on the agenda for tonight??????? An all night movie marathon?????? I can't wait for The Honeymooner's Marathon tomorrow night,,,,, who's with me?????

2 comments:

Waiting For Ling-Ling said...

So wonderful! And that smile...she's captivating. Have a very Happy New Year.

Lourdes

Michele said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE how she scrunches her nose up when she smiles. TOO CUTE!!!