We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

Sunday January 3, 2010 Note To Myself



My Sister Rhonda, and Baylon getting to know each other better this afternoon....... ( "A First Kiss")

As I sit here, contemplating the closure of the Holiday weekend, I have such a sense of awe and anticipation for the future. We've literally been in a whirlwind since October 13th, 2009, the actual referral day of our dear daughter. Since that moment in time, our World as we knew it changed. We never even had time to think about it, let alone digest it. We'd been waiting 4 + years for this moment, and the amount of unpreparedness of it was mind boggling. This was in part because of all of the bumps in the road, leading up too that moment, and never actually knowing if this little wonder sleeping in her bed below me, (her room is downstairs), would ever materialize.

We scrambled too ready the house, make arrangements and plod on through our days, business as usual. So much to wonder about, such a leap of faith. Would our daughter be healthy and happy, would we be good parents, would our family as we knew it, be able to make the transition...... (our dogs and parrot), who WERE our children, again, our family.

I have to say, everything is working out perfectly. I, who looked at baby's and made them cry...... never felt connected to children.... I always thought I was better at animals, puppies, and birds to be more specific.... but from the moment I gazed at the photograph of our daughter, and which totally amplified when I held her in my arms..... I felt that connection.

As we overcome our jetlag, drift past the hustle and bustle of the Holidays, and settle into a routine, our union of family is crystalizing.... it's becoming rock solid.

Our worries about sleep issues have resolved themselves...... and for no apparent reason.
I never was able to follow through and let her cry......... that night that I photographed her crying in her pack n play, while I cried out online, was the last time. Ever since then, she goes down to sleep, and if she wakes in the early hours of the morning, she falls right back to sleep with me looking on...... When she cries again between 5:30 and 6:30, I scoop her up in my arms, and we cuddle in my bed and drift off to sleep together, and just snuggle till breakfast..... no drama, no issues, no worries.

I'm also, totally amazed by my Briard, Pirate. I had some concerns as to how he was going to adjust to no longer being the baby, (he's still my baby), but he's such a mush. He never truly had exposure to children. You go ask someone with their beloved child if you're humongous gigantic puppy dog, can have a look see and sniff your baby. We had some interaction, it just wasn't often, and then there wasn't the children running amuck screaming and flailing in his face....... BUT, Pirate has become one of my biggest joys regarding our new addition. Pirate, took on the role of Guardian over Baylon. He's there for every diaper change, and every little peep out of her, if I go to check on her, I have a shadow, and he'll check continuously on his own too...... he's so completely adorable, and my joy just abounds over his wonder of this baby. I just never knew he would be so loving and attentive, and seem to make her his own responsibility. It's just incredible......

Chelsea is holding her own. I think she's still hoping that her World as she knew it will return, but I do feel optimistic that they will become great friends.

Timothy, has yet to return, and I'm sure he will be fine....... I think that Baylon will have to get used to Parrot antics and "screams"...... in her referral paperwork, it's stated that she likes quiet..... we're not sure where this comes from exactly. This introduction will be interesting, but I have faith, that just like the rest of us, this too will be fine. Hopefully Timothy will return in a few days.... that's if I can get his sitter and great friend to relinquish him, :).

Lastly...... is Dave. Baylon, who tends to be fearful of men, and definitely went through an adjustment period with Dave, is becoming such a Daddy's girl. They do so many fun things together..... he talks and she mimics him. They are such a sight together, and it warms my heart. He's such a good Daddy.

So that's it...... tomorrow is a new day....... tomorrow...... IS TRULY OUR GIFT !!!!

The posts will diminish some, as there is so much that I want to do for Baylon, so much that I want to read, and learn. I want to get back into training with Pirate, and Chelsea, &
start up our Obedience and Agility... and when it gets a tad warmer, Sheep Herding will resume..... AND then there are these Mommy and Me classes I just looked up, and baby yoga.... so many things, so I need to take time away from posting, for now, and with that......... I'm signing off now..... till the next time !


No comments: