We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

1/23/10 Our First Cold

My poor baby is sick..... she came down with the sniffles yesterday, and by last night it was a full blown case of the common cold. Today, she seemed a bit worse for a bit, but now, I'm hopeful that she is on the upswing. We increased our vitamins, and I gave her a bit more fluids. My girl loves to drink ANYTHING.... except not as fond of water as she is of her soy milk or juices (diluted of course).... but today, we increased the uptake. I had actually decreased it a bit, as she was overflowing every make of diaper on the market..... but I've happily found Huggies Snug and Dry, and by George... I think that we've 'GOT IT"...... it is my intention to spare the environment and go to cloth diapers...... haven't had the time to research this like I'd like to, and now very content with my find on the huggies..... having to change outfits and continuously wash clothes impacts on the environment too...... in the last 24 hours, not one leakage problem.

So that's it....... no happy smiley faces to look at... just a red nose that is constantly running......... well, I have to say, she still is a happy, smiley little girl... just not so wonderful to look at with the fall out in the nose department...... but I think I'll keep her just the same.... and shooooosh, she's actually sleeping all tucked in, in her crib...... I think I'm off to do the same....... toodles !

No comments: