We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

19 MONTH LID VERSARY LAST NIGHT 10/29/07

So, again, I can't even begin to express the feelings that I'm feeling regarding this wait. I realize that for everything, there is a perfect timing, and reason. I just can't fathom the reason, but one day, I do so hope to finally understand....... entering my 20th month of paper pregnancy..... it's funny, I've heard this compared to that of an elephant's pregnancy. I feel as though I am an elephant, ya know where you see the elephants all walking in a line trunk to tail, shuffling along one behind the other. I'm in a long line of elephants, walking towards China.

I probably could walk there faster than this adoption is taking place. So, in the need to redirect my energies, and absolutely in need of baby breath, we're searching for our puppy. Our Chelsea has just turned 7 months old, and now that the dust has settled, (training a pup can be quite exhaustive), I'm ready to start all over again.

We've fallen in love with a breed of dog, the Briard, a French Herding dog and I've been going on, and on about this breed for months now..... check back in the archives, and you'll see other posts, and cute pictures too. Well, it's almost as hard to get a Briard puppy as it is to get our baby from the adoption. Well, not quite, but it is really hard. I respect this quality that the breeders are exhibiting, making sure that the homes one of their pups receive is a solid good home. I was initially refused a puppy a few months ago, as the breeder felt that my Chelsea was too young, and neither one of them would have gotten the proper socialization that is required, especially with a breed such as the Briard. They are highly intelligent, free thinking, often a bit stubborn, and high energy. Couch potato Briards run few and far between. This breeders advice to wait, and refusal to sell me her pup at that time was the best advice that I could have gotten. I can truly appreciate this now. Chelsea is even a bit young now, but I'm trying to find my pup, just born, or about to be born, and then Chelsea will be at least 9 months or older. We're also starting some major obedience classes, as she's got me wrapped around her paws.......

I finally actually thought that we had our puppy, just born a few days ago, a male of impeccable breeding, but when the contract was sent over, I nearly fell over from the price. I wasn't prepared for that amount. I've been researching this breed, as I've mentioned before, and I'm pretty aware of what an average pup would go for. I had to walk away. This is to be my 50th Birthday present......... and I just couldn't justify this pup with the baby coming. There are other Briards, and less expensive.......... so, I'm now going to sign Chelsea up for classes in Obedience...... I actually need them more than her. She see's me, and says, yeah right..... no biscuit, no trick........... down what?? Sit where??
I don't think so.

So, that's it for now. Referrals should be arriving sometime next week I think, and we're all hoping and praying that the CCAA has at least included the 12th of December....... that would be somewhat encouraging news. Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: