We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

Life Goes On 11/18/09


Today, the floor was installed, along with the base board moldings, and the crown moldings..... all but that piece dead ahead in the photo on our right.
Damn....... our floor guy, miscalculated by that, thar amount.... and now, I have to set up my little finishing shop all over again, and do this one piece.... why is that one little extra hurdle always so much bigger and a pain in the butt.

Anyway, the floor was a bit busier than I anticipated, but with a rug down and Baylon's furniture, it hopefully won't be too busy. Then there's the topic of color. It's very loud, and I was originally going to do the moldings around the window the same as the baseboard, but, apparently, the trim around the closets isn't natural wood, as the rest of the trim, courtesy of my X contractor..... so, I had to try something different....... we went with another color, a purpleish, color pulled out of the trim. In fact, all of the colors are exactly from the trim above the windows. Anyway, the purple isn't working for me........ so I've tried to match a new paint color to the baseboard and crown mouldings...... that will be a project for next week, or perhaps tomorrow..... but don't really think so.

Now, this brings me to the horrible part of today. Besides the fact that my husband has the flu, my older dog Kirby, of 17 years, decided she wanted to visit the emergency room and have surgery, in leu of making the journey to Heaven, which nearly happened today, as she bloated...... a condition that affects numerous breeds and is a horribly quick, but very painful death. Luckily my husband spotted her distress, and notified me, and I ran home, (was out running errands), and rushed her to the Vet. Bloat kills I'd say maybe more dogs than not...... as it's not often easy to spot, and by the time you do, it's often too late. Anyway, she had an emergency procedure, that worked....... right now, she's back home, still has a catheter in, but hopefully tomorrow it will be removed.

Now, lastly, but most importantly, just after all of these things were going on today, when we thought that it was settling down, I found out that my Mother In Law # 1..... passed away. She was like a Mom to me, and has been a part of my life, for most of it. I met her when I was 17, and she has found a very special place in my heart. When my Mom passed away in 1994, Rosemary and I became closer...... I've been so busy of late. First with my Dad in the last two years, and now getting ready for our baby........ Mom and I spoke just a couple of days ago. We laughed..... she was hysterical over the fact that I sent her a thank you card, for some shower gifts..... gifts that her daughter, her namesake, sent to me. She was tickled that she got such a wonderfully special thank you card, for gifts that weren't hers to claim. Mom, also has another special link to my daughter, which now is more important than ever....... she shares Baylon's Birthday..... I will miss her tremendously. I love you Mom, R.I.P., your daughter Shelley. Baylon will learn all about how wonderul, and giving you were in life, She will blow out a candle every year on her Birthday for you, Mom.

No comments: