We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

November 21, 2009 My "NOT" A Surprise Shower

Today, is my NOT a Surprise Shower...... soooooo very excited. It was fun to be a part of the planning.... I've waited too long, and am way too old for a Surprise Shower. It's from 3 to 6 PM, and I'm told to not drive the Mini Cooper, but bring the van........ gotta remember to clear out the crates so there is room.

I'm way beyond excited !!!!! Just will miss Momma Contin, she was so looking forward to this Shower, and the rest of the Contin gang will be missed. Tomorrow is Mom's Wake, and Monday is her burial. I'm positive she will be dropping in on my Shower, along with every other member of the family on the other side.

As for today......... beautiful weather, and just so excited that Baylon's time has arrived. Our travel itinerary has been confirmed, and we fly out on the 10th and return on Christmas Eve..... her arrival couldn't be more appropriate, as we've always believed that the Blessed Mother had a lot to do with our ability to complete this adoption. Baylon's middle name starts with M for my Dad, who passed in July '08 and couldn't wait to meet our daughter, and the completed name, Marie, is after Mary. We just feel very blessed, and it is confirmed by beyond, as she arrives on US soil on Christmas Eve..... how appropriate.

Oh, and a side note, the Town of Huntington, phoned to find out on what authority I had to place those Osprey poles............... luckily, I've had approval, just should have given them the heads up, about when we were dropping them in. They thought the article in the paper was lovely, but then I got in trouble anyway....... well, not really, I did have permission !

No comments: