We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

Looking Ahead / Taking One Day At A Time 5/16/08


Well, it's Friday night nearly 7 PM e.s.t., and I've just watched the World News and scouted out info on China.......... they focused on a woman that lost her son in the collapsed school....... and how many of the families that lost children, lost their only child, due to China's one child policy.
How awful....... so we sit here, and are thankful for our tiny circle here remaining intact........ and wondering how it will all unfold.

The newscaster just mentioned the Bejiing Olympics........ how can they even continue to talk about who gets to compete, and even think about the Olympics......... am I wrong? Maybe, perhaps life needs to go on in the face of any and all disparaging times...........

I sit here and can not help but feel a bit selfish, as I wonder how all of this will play out in terms of our adoption, and that is extremely dissatisfying....... I feel very shallow...... I want, what I want....... we've waited 27 months thus far....... that's right, we're 27 months dtc today...... I need to take a step back and remember, peoples lives are at stake..... I pray for the people of China tonight. Their futures have all changed........ has ours?

No comments: