We started this journey many years ago, knowing that our daughter was waiting for us somewhere in China. That journey began in 2004, but after a setback healthwise, we had to pull out, thinking our hopes were dashed forever. Then in late 2005, with renewed purpose and strength we again began the process of our adoption. We were logged into China March 28th, 2006, and were matched with our Dear Daughter, October 13th, 2009. GOTCHA 12/14/09 Forever Ours 12/15/09

My Baby Will Never Know Grandpa *6/29/27 - 7/21/08*




It's taken me some time to process this, well, I suppose I'm truly in the journey of processing the loss of my Dad, and dealing with the grief.

Dad had a horrific year, and if it wasn't one thing, it was another......... he passed suddenly in a slip and fall injury, suffering blunt trauma to his head..... it is with great saddness that I type these words........ my future little girl will NEVER know "My Daddy" ! I just can't believe that after all of the time in healing, surgery after surgery, complications from surgery in a recurrence of colon cancer, he finally goes home to Florida to start somewhat a new, and bam........ You just never know what's around that corner. (maybe that's why he tripped, he missed something around that corner).. I hope you don't think that this is in bad taste, but my Dad would have thought that was funny

He was a strong willed, pig-headed pain in the butt, but one of the most talented men that I will ever have the honor to know and to love, and to call Father. There is a huge gaping hole in my heart at this time.

He had a sense of humor, loved to be the center of attention, sang his heart out and always got standing ovations........ I often feel that his love, and intentions were misdirected. I wish I could say that they were mis-understood, but that's just not so, as often, in my mind, he didn't do the right thing........ BUT, regardless of all of his short comings.... now in retrospect, I wouldn't have traded him for another Father, as he is the reason I'm who I am today........ a big pain in the butt, nope, only kidding......... there I go trying to emulate his sense of humor again........, don't think it works as good for me :(........

I'm going to miss you Daddy......... Rest in Peace, and don't make too much trouble for yourself in Heaven...... for once, go with the flow, and do as you are instructed....... ahhhhhhh, this does remind me of something else.... must just be so brain fried from this whole week..... Pop's missed his own funeral...... yep, he certainly did. He was scheduled to fly out of Florida last Wednesday, during all of the inclement weather patterns on the East Coast..... he got bumped for some engine parts that were needed urgently for another Jet in New York........ then he was placed on a later flight, that never made it off the ground......... he was late for his own funeral, and we had to reschedule for the following day. Looking back, now I just smile, as Dad being such a difficult and controlling individual here on Earth, remained true even beyond......... BUT, we laughed again, as the next day, when we finally had the service, which was an outdoor gravesite service, Dad knew & was right...... he didn't want to be buried in the rain....... he wanted Sunshine, and that's what he got. Always the jokester....... he even pulled strings in the after life......... Daddy, I miss you !
Love Shelley - your favorite........ :)

No comments: